Remote Solutions Plan for Your Children’s Ministry Environment
From time to time, you may find that your ministry cannot meet in a physical space. Inclement weather, construction, and widespread viruses have traditionally caused preschool and elementary ministries to cancel services. At the same time, we all know that consistency is key in ministry. So, while nothing can replace meeting together in person, we hope that these weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your families to stay consistent, even if COVID-19 is preventing services from meeting in your church. All resources will be updated weekly.
We believe online platforms can be effective in short-term situations to serve your families in two big ways:
- Story and Worship Experience
- Home Connections
Getting Started: First, go ahead and choose various methods for your church to share the resources we have provided for you. These can include email, social media, or even your church website.
Story and Worship Experience
Even if you’re unable to meet within your environment, we want you to still be able to communicate God’s truth in engaging ways. We have created a *weekly video presentation that goes along with our current First Look and 252 Kids curriculum, which you can distribute to families via a shareable link. The links to the weekly videos can be found on the following:
Check back weekly in this same location for updated content.
*Wait. Is sharing this allowed? Typically, due to copyright issues, Orange user licenses cannot permit public posting of videos or written content. HOWEVER, there is nothing typical about our current situation. So, for the next few weeks as we navigate Covid-19 together, please feel free to use, post, and share Orange content in the way that best serves your families and community.
Partnering with parents is always important, and it can be especially helpful in times of uncertainty. Consistent communication builds trust, and it also equips the parent to have spiritual conversations at home. Below are a couple of tools we provide to help you connect digitally with families during this time. The weekly updated links to these tools can be found on Orangekidmin.com/coronavirus.
- Parent Guide: This guide includes activities, discussion cues, memory verse and more. This can be shared to allow families to dive deeper into the lesson.
- Elementary God Time Cards: Printable card for families to focus their attention on God, as they read the Bible and talk to God at home. Each day your child will be given a new place to explore in their Bible that will help them learn more about the virtue for the month. In addition, there is a short life application activity on each card.
- Preschool Place Mats– This printable placemat is designed to sit on the table all month long. This placemat/play mat gives parents easy access to this month’s key question and bottom line as well as questions to ask each week and hand motions to the Bible verse. In addition, we provide a space for preschoolers to draw. Turn the mat over and discover a fun game or activity to play together
- The Parent Cue App: This free app gives parents weekly cues that are aligned with the content in the video presentations.
- Managing Fear and Anxiety During a Health Pandemic: a blog post for parents on managing anxiety during any number of life disruptions
- Anxiety Conversation Guides: Helping a child with anxiety is a challenge. Parents can download these age-appropriate resources to find tips and practical ways to help their children.
- Preschool Spanish
- Elementary Spanish
Finally, when you can’t meet in person, be sure to share your plan with parents, communicate why the change is happening, and explain how their child can stay connected no matter what. We know that your church is a special place for families and children, and we are committed to providing all the tools you need to create an experience despite these uncertain circumstances. Thank you for all you do as we continue to pray and serve alongside your community,